Diversity and Inclusion: Supplier Diversity Program
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of Sun Life's values and commitment to corporate social responsibility. Our promise to practice diversity includes our supply base and the partners in our supply chain. At Sun Life, we believe diversity sets us apart from our competition, contributing to our global success.
We recognize, encourage and include diverse suppliers as part of our competitive bidding process. We strive to give equal access to qualified suppliers. At the same time, we believe it’s important to maintain our high quality, service and information security standards.
Participation in Sun Life's Supplier Diversity Program doesn’t guarantee that you’ll secure or have secured our business. However, it does give you the opportunity to demonstrate your company's service and product quality to us. And it levels the playing field for your company to compete for our business. We will contact suitable potential vendors when we are considering new sourcing activities.
To take part in our Supplier Diversity Program, your business must have one of the following certifications:
- 51% Aboriginal-owned and operated
- 51% minority-owned and operated
- 51% woman-owned and operated
- 51% gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender-owned and operated
- 51% owned and operated by a member of another recognized diverse community (e.g., people with disabilities, veterans, veterans with disabilities, etc.)
by one of the following councils:
- Canadian Aboriginal & Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC)
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB)
- Canadian Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- Inclusive Workplace & Supply Council of Canada (IWSCC)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- US National Minority Supplier Diversity Council (NMSDC) and affiliates
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
- Women Business Enterprises Canada (WBE Canada)
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
or any other recognized certifying organization.