At Sun Life, we want to do business with suppliers that share our values. They include Client focus, integrity, engagement, excellence, and innovation. We’re helping our Clients achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives. That’s our Purpose.
Responsible business practices
Sun Life expects our suppliers to share our business values and to follow prudent business practices. That includes treating people with respect and acting with business integrity.
We engage with suppliers that share our commitment, as outlined in our Code of Business Conduct, to:
- Act ethically and obey the laws
- Follow responsible business practices
- Follow responsible employment practices and ensure safe working conditions
- Care for the community and the environment
We commit to fair and open competition under the highest ethical standards when we interact with our suppliers. We reflect these standards – professionalism, honesty and integrity – in our Supplier Code of Conduct. If you partner with us as a supplier, this code will help you understand our service expectations. As a supplier, you’ll review your compliance with this Code. You’ll ensure your employees fully understand and comply with it.
Sustainability and Environmental Stewardship
Sustainability is a priority for us. It’s essential to our business success. Our approach to sustainability directly aligns to our business priorities and brings our Purpose to life. We believe that the actions we take today will lay the foundation for generations to come. We want to contribute to a healthier, more financially resilient, environmentally secure and economically prosperous world. We believe our suppliers can help us play a key role in helping achieve our Purpose and sustainability goals. We ask them to partner with us as we move forward toward stronger sustainability practices within our supply chain.
Diversity and Inclusion: Supplier Diversity Program
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of Sun Life's values and commitment to corporate social responsibility. Our promise to practice diversity includes our supply base and the partners in our supply chain. At Sun Life, we believe diversity sets us apart from our competition, contributing to our global success.
We recognize, encourage and include diverse suppliers as part of our competitive bidding process. We strive to give equal access to qualified suppliers. At the same time, we believe it’s important to maintain our high quality, service and information security standards.
Participation in Sun Life's Supplier Diversity Program doesn’t guarantee that you’ll secure or have secured our business. However, it does give you the opportunity to demonstrate your company's service and product quality to us. And it levels the playing field for your company to compete for our business. We will contact suitable potential vendors when we are considering new sourcing activities.
To take part in our Supplier Diversity Program, your business must have one of the following certifications:
- 51% Aboriginal-owned and operated
- 51% minority-owned and operated
- 51% woman-owned and operated
- 51% gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender-owned and operated
- 51% owned and operated by a member of another recognized diverse community (e.g., people with disabilities, veterans, veterans with disabilities, etc.)
by one of the following councils:
- Canadian Aboriginal & Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC)
- Women Business Enterprises (WBE) Canada
- Canadian Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- WEConnect International in Canada
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- US National Minority Supplier Diversity Council (NMSDC) and affiliates
or any other recognized certifying organization.
Standard Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
You can review the Sun Life standard Purchase Order Terms and Conditions below. They’re applicable to all Sun Life Purchase orders, depending on location.
Sun Life is not legally obligated to review or award business with your company based on your expressed interest. Your registration is, however, a good first step to provide us with information for future consideration.