As a large insurer and asset manager, we have the opportunity and responsibility to make a positive difference to the financial well-being of our Clients. It’s core to our Purpose.
Through our new sustainability plan, we’re widening our efforts to boost the financial resilience of our Clients, and of our employees and communities. It’s about creating a brighter future, for the benefit of all. We’re advancing financial security through innovative products, proactive education and improved access for underserved groups.
Our work in these areas supports Sustainable Development Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth.
Around the world, we see first-hand the importance of developing financial security.
The need to help people create more stable and secure financial futures is growing:
- Longer life expectancy is today’s reality. However, the World Economic Forum says retirees around the world will outlive their savings by a decade.1 It also says that women will fare worse.
- Close to half (47%) of working Canadians believe there’s a serious risk they could outlive their retirement savings.2
- Many people around the world are underinsured or not insured at all.
- Use digital platforms to encourage the use of tools and services to generate positive financial outcomes for plan members in planning for their retirement
- Support financial education among our Clients, employees and communities
- Continue to help plan members close coverage gaps
- Continue to advocate in support of Paid Family & Medical Leave legislation in the U.S.
- Continue to expand our wellness program to help Clients manage financial and physical health
2 Sun Life. “Counting pennies: the frugal facts of retirement”. November 2019.