Team Up Against Diabetes
Over the past five years, Sun Life has donated $17 million to the prevention of diabetes. Sun Life started its commitment to the diabetes cause in 2012. Since then we have sought out partnerships that have helped facilitate that support, such as the Boston Celtics, Kansas City Royals, YMCA, and American Diabetes Association.
As our commitment grew, we decided to develop a way in which we could directly engage with community organizations and support them in their efforts to improve people's health, prevent type 2 diabetes, and help those living with type 1 diabetes, and in 2016 we launched the Team Up Against Diabetes grant program.
Sun Life’s Team Up Against Diabetes grant program aims to provide programmatic support to 501(c)(3) charities that focus on the following areas:
- diabetes prevention, awareness, education, and care
- diabetes management
- recovery and support from diabetes-related complications
- obesity prevention
- nutritional programs—education, management, and awareness
Organizations will have the opportunity to select from three grant options: $25,000, $50,000 or $100,000.
We will accept applications for the Sun Life Team Up Against Diabetes grant program each year in accordance with this timeline:
- January 1 to March 31: Online application portal open
- April 1 to June 30: National judging panel to review all applications
- July: Deadline to notify all organizations of the grant decision
Prior grant recipients
Learn more about previous grant recipients
If you have any questions pertaining to the grant program, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that we will not accept any applications via email. All applications must be submitted through the online portal.
SLPC 28815 12/17 (Exp. 12/19)