Our sustainability efforts
In India, sustainability efforts are aligned to our global endeavour to advance sustainable investing:
- Minimal use of plastic: Have reduced the use of plastic to a minimum. We have replaced plastic usage in office premises with glass, ceramic, and more.
- Reduce food wastage: The food left after lunch and dinner in our office facility after consumption by employees and staff, is donated to NGO Feeding India. We are now at zero food wastage.
- Water conservation: The water wasted from RO installed in our office is reused in washrooms and for watering plants. In the process we save up to 30% of water wastage that could happen otherwise.
- Electric Vehicle & Solar Energy generation: We are the first Sun Life office to use Solar Panels isntallation. The solar plant is expected to generate a total of 6% of the energy that is consumed presently. We are using electric vehicles and aim to have 6EV cars by 2021. Through this we aim to reduce carbon footprint by 950-1000g per KWh.
In the Philippines, we have aligned our sustainable efforts with the UN 17 Sustainable Development Goals. We have adopted:
- Goal #4 Quality Education – obtaining a quality education is the foundation to improving people’s lives and sustainable development;
- Goal #6 Clean Water and Sanitation – clean accessible water for all is an essential part of the world we want to live in;
- #7 Affordable and Clean Energy – energy is essential to nearly every major challenge and opportunity;
- #15 Life on Land – sustainably mange forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt bio-diversity loss
- Goal #17 Partnerships - Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable partnership.