Sun Life Financial of Canada takes its obligations under applicable privacy laws very seriously. The aim of this statement is to provide you with details of how the data collected from you via this website or through other communication channels is processed:
- Who is collecting information about you?
- What information is being collected from you?
- When is that information collected?
- With whom will the information be shared?
- How secure is that information?
- Your rights.
Who collects information?
This website is operated by Sun Life Financial of Canada in the U.K. Sun Life Financial of Canada is the trading name in the U.K. of the Sun Life Financial of Canada group of companies listed in the legal notice.
This website may be hosted or operated by other companies from time to time but this will always be done under a written contract and on terms that ensure that all data collected from this website is only used as set out in this statement.
A cookie is a small data file downloaded onto your computer or device when you visit some websites so that the website can recognise your computer or device each time you visit.
Links from the Website do, however, redirect you to websites within the Sun Life Group or external companies that may contain cookies. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Cookies that we use on our website
The search function offered in our website is powered by Google Site Search. Google Site Search uses two cookies (NID and PREF) to store your search related preferences, like preferred language (e.g. English), number of search results to show per page (e.g. 10 or 20), and whether or not to use Google’s SafeSearch filter. These preferences apply to search queries from our website and to the use of Google Search in general.
- AMCV_###@AdobeOrg: This cookie is used by Adobe Analytics to identify a unique visitor.
- demdex: This cookie is used by Adobe Analytics to help identify a unique visitor across domains.
- dextp: This cookies is used by Adobe Analytics to record the last time it made a data synchronization call.
- dstjs: This cookies is used by Adobe Analytics when there's an error sending data to a destination.
- _dp: This cookies is set by Adobe Analytics to determine if other cookies can be set.
- dpm: This cookie is used by Adobe Analytics to help identify a unique visitor across domains.
- s_vi: This cookie is used by Adobe Analytics to identify a unique visitor.
- s_fid: This cookie is used by Adobe Analytics to identify a unique visitor if the standard s_vi cookie is unavailable due to third-party cookie restrictions.
- utag_main: This cookie used by our sites to manage the web analytics tags on each of our pages.
Qualtrics cookies are used to provide customer satisfaction surveys to visitors to our website. These surveys are based on actions taken on our website by a visitor to our website.
- SI_[intercept ID]_intercept: Is used to prevent repeated display of the SI Intercept.
- QST: Multi-purpose e.g. Allows the 'Save and Continue' and 'Prevent Ballot Box Stuffing' options to work.
- QSI_HistorySession: This is a session cookie which stores what pages a visitor has visited for the current session.
- QSIPopUnder_SI_[intercept ID]: For the popUnder intercept, tracks which action is being taken.
- Survey ID and SurveySessionsTaken: For tracking a survey session over multiple pages.
You can turn off cookies in your browser settings. If you do turn them off, it is important to remember that this may prevent some sections of this website from working properly. You can find out more about turning off cookies at the independent website allaboutcookies.org.
What information do we collect?
This is information about all of our visitors collectively such as what areas of our website visitors most frequently visit and which of the services that we offer they prefer to use. To protect our visitors' rights of privacy this information is anonymous and aggregated. Therefore no individual visitor can be identified from this information.
When will we collect information from you?
We may use IP (internet protocol) addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track visitors’ movement, and gather broad demographic information and other aggregate information.
With whom will we share aggregate information?
We may share aggregate information with our business partners and website developers so that they too may understand how visitors use our site, so that together we can create a better overall experience for you. We may share personal information within the Sun Life Financial of Canada group of companies.
With whom will we share personal information that you choose to provide?
We do not collect personal data via this website; the only way we collect personal data is when you initiate communication with us via another channel.
If you call us using the contact details on this website we may record your call for our mutual protection and to improve service standards. Where you enquire about or apply for one of our products or services via another communication channel we may use your information to respond to your enquiry or to assess your application and administer your plan. We may pass your information to a third party providing services to us and any intermediary or other agent acting on your behalf.
For more information about how we process your data and your individual rights, please read our Customer Privacy Notice.
Thank you for using the Sun Life Financial of Canada website.
Questions about your privacy?
If you have concerns about your privacy at Sun Life, contact our Data Protection Officer at UK.Data.Protection@sunlife.com.