Sun Life Bermuda Privacy Statement Personal Financial and Health Information
At the corporate level, Sun Life is committed to promoting the privacy of all individuals who provide us with personal financial and/or health information ("Personal Information"). Personal Information may include information we receive from you on applications such as name, address, date of birth, information about transactions with us such as financial information and information concerning your medical/health history.
With respect to our Bermuda operations comprising Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada (Bermuda Branch), Sun Life Financial Investments, (Bermuda) Ltd. and Sun Life Financial Distributors, (Bermuda), Ltd., (together, "Sun Life Bermuda"), we align our privacy program with Sun Life Financial's Enterprise-wide Privacy Commitment and applicable Bermuda legal standards.
The following principles reflect our commitment to safeguarding the Personal Information you provide to us.
- We treat your Personal Information as confidential.
- We collect, use or disclose Personal Information obtained from you only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- We obtain information about you in accordance with applicable Bermuda legal standards.
- We do not disclose information without your permission except where permitted to administer and service the products sold to you or as permitted or required by applicable law.
- Where we choose to have certain services provided by a third party service provider, we do so in accordance with Bermuda legal standards and Company policy. In some cases, this may include transfer of your personal information to service providers or affiliates in other countries. All such providers wherever located are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of your information in a manner consistent with our practices.
- You may inquire about the information we have in our possession and review that information, subject to applicable laws and Company policy.
- We maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that personal information in our possession is accurate.
- We maintain industry standard technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information against theft, loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, use or modification. We limit access to those who have a business need to know.
- We do not sell your personal information for marketing purposes.