Terms and conditions
The SunSMART application is available in web and mobile versions. It is strictly for use by authorized agents and employees of the Sun Life (“Users”) for the following Permitted Purposes:
- Inquiry on the client and policy information of the policies being serviced by the User;
- Generation of product proposals; or
- Status inquiry on the User’s new business applications and pending requirements.
Users are required to comply at all times with the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations of the Indonesia, including but not limited to any privacy protection legislation and/or requirements. A record of your acceptance to these Terms and Conditions will be retained by the Sun Life.
You hereby acknowledge and agree:
- Not to use the Website other than for the Permitted Purposes and not to allow any unauthorized person including your fellow Agents and/or co-employees to use, share, view or download the website or any of its contents.
- That all financial and/or personal data found in this website shall not be transferred, distributed or disclosed to any third party for any purposes other than the Permitted Purposes or retained by you.
- That you are responsible for the safekeeping of your username and password and that the Sun Life is unable, and under no obligation, to confirm the identity or authority of any user submitting to us your user name and password to access this Website.
- If you become concerned that the confidentiality of your username and/or password has been compromised, you agree to notify the Sun Life and to change your user name and password immediately.
- To keep your username and password confidential.
- To immediately notify the Sun Life of any unauthorized use of your username and/or password and/or access to your records.
- That the Sun Life does not guarantee that information will be accurate, complete and current at all times. All information in this site is subject to modification from time to time without notice.
- That the Sun Life reserves the right to monitor, change, suspend, remove or disable access to the Website from use or download and/or reject your user name and password at any time without notice.
- To turn-over and not store, retain or otherwise keep any information or data upon termination/expiration of your Agency Agreement or Employment Contract, as the case may be.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing or the Sun Life’s rights at law, any breach of the Terms and Conditions entitles the Sun Life to terminate your Agency Agreement or Employment Contract immediately.
Sun Life accepts no liability and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from your use of this Website, however it may arise. This includes any loss or damage due entirely or in part from, but not limited to, any error, defect, unavailability, inaccuracy or mistake with this Website and/or its contents.
You hereby agree to fully indemnify and hold the Sun Life or any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as any of its directors, officers, employees or representatives, free and harmless from all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, judgments, expenses and costs from your breach or non-observance of these Terms and Conditions and/or any unauthorized or illegal use of this Website and/or contents therein.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
You hereby agree to comply at all times with the Sun Life’s data privacy and business conduct guidelines, codes and policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of this Website, including, but not limited to the text and graphics are protected by copyright. Sun Life Financial and all other marks and logos used on this Website are registered trademarks and are the intellectual property rights of Sun Life and no permission or license is granted to use any such trademark without the prior written consent of Sun Life.
Questions about your privacy?
If you have questions about our privacy practices and policies, contact our Privacy Officer at (+62-21) 5289 0032 or via email at Januar.Jahja@sunlife.com.