Public Accountability Statement
2012 Public Accountability Statement and Sustainability Report
Making life brighter
Sun Life's 2012 Public Accountability Statement and Sustainability Report highlights the many philanthropic, social and community programs we supported in 2012. It also introduces several new initiatives we adopted as we continue to reinforce our presence in the worldwide network of sustainable companies, such as the Global Reporting Initiative.
We are committed to operating as a sustainable company that delivers value and makes life brighter for our stakeholders, today and into the future.
Download the complete Public Accountability Statement [PDF, 52 pages, 6.96 MB].
- Message from the President and CEO [PDF, 1 page, 168 KB]
- Scope of this report [PDF, 1 page, 22 KB]
- Recognition [PDF, 1 page, 255 KB]
- Corporate governance [PDF, 2 pages, 295 KB]
- Public policy [PDF, 1 page, 829 KB]
- Profile of giving [PDF, 1 page, 85 KB]
- Health [PDF, 5 pages, 453 KB]
- Arts and culture [PDF, 3 pages, 592 KB]
- Education [PDF, 1 page, 208 KB]
- Social services [PDF, 1 page, 251 KB]
- Our people's contributions [PDF, 4 pages, 610 KB]
- International contributions [PDF, 8 pages, 1.63 MB]
- Commitment to employees [PDF, 1 page, 515 KB]
- Commitment to customers [PDF, 3 pages, 429 KB]
- Environmental sustainability [PDF, 6 pages, 582 KB]
- Investment profile and Economic value generated and distributed [PDF, 5 pages, 860 KB]
- Employees and advisors [PDF, 1 page, 61 KB]
- Taxes paid and Subsidiaries [PDF, 1 page, 41 KB]
- Contact us and Philanthropy funding applications [PDF, 1 page, 26 KB]
- Global Reporting Initiative index [PDF, 1 page, 21 KB]
- Global Reporting Initiative Application Level Check [PDF, 1 page, 237 KB]
- Environmental impact statement [PDF, 1 page, 939 KB]
Please consider the environment
Sun Life has a long-standing commitment to sustainability. You can help us lighten our environmental footprint and reduce printed material by downloading the complete Public Accountability Statement.
If you require a print version of the 2012 Public Accountability Statement, contact us to request a free copy.
In their own words
“Canadian Blood Services attributes our success to the ongoing generosity of our valuable corporate partners. Sun Life's financial gift to our ‘Campaign For All Canadians’ is vital as we continue to build our national public cord blood bank.”
Dr. Graham D. Sher, Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Blood Services