Client education and creative marketing top of mind for Sun Life Financial
Sun Life honoured in 2010 I.F.C.A. Annual Awards Competition
TORONTO, ON – (August 25, 2010) — Skating with the Montreal Canadiens and secrets from World War II are not topics that normally come to mind when you think about financial services. However, these were two of Sun Life Financial’s creative marketing and communications initiatives recognized at the 2010 Insurance and Financial Communications Association (I.F.C.A.) Annual Awards Competition.
Sun Life Financial received 24 awards for marketing and communications initiatives in Canada and the United States over the past year, including four Best of Show awards, indicating top performance in each corresponding category.
“We’re honoured to be so well recognized by this year’s I.F.C.A. Annual Awards Competition,” said Lori Bak, vice-president, marketing, Sun Life Financial Canada. “Sun Life’s creative and educational tools are an essential factor in how we reach out to North Americans for feedback and then use that knowledge to provide customers with information they need to help make the financial decisions that are right for them.”
Sun Life Financial’s four Best of Show awards showcase the organization’s commitment to clients and advisors:
- "Making Life Brighter for You" campaign: a web-based contest designed to get feedback from Sun Life Financial Canada’s Group Benefits and Group Retirement plan members.
- “Skate with the (Montreal) Canadiens” invitation: for a high-profile, family-friendly client entertainment event hosted by Sun Life.
- “One of the Best Kept Secrets of World War II”: a one-of-a-kind commemorative piece to highlight Sun Life’s role in safeguarding Great Britain’s securities during World War II.
- “SunAdvantage my savings” promotional material: used to introduce and promote the product and the value it offers to advisors, plan members, and plan sponsors.
Sun Life Financial also received seven Awards of Excellence, and 13 Honourable Mentions.
The I.F.C.A. Annual Awards recognize the best in marketing and communications creativity, design, and writing in the insurance and financial services industries. Applicants can submit material under a variety of categories, ranging from advertising and company communications to customer promotion and social media.
Since 2004, Sun Life Financial has received 112 awards from the I.F.C.A. for its marketing and communications initiatives, including 21 Best of Show honours. This year’s awards will be presented on October 18 at the I.F.C.A. Annual Conference in Montreal, Quebec.
Along with the I.F.C.A. awards, Sun Life Financial has received prominent recognition for its reputation, brand, and sustainability work throughout 2010:
- Canadian Business magazine: Sun Life Financial Canada named the 12th most reputable company in the country, making Sun Life Financial the highest-ranked financial institution in Canada.
- Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand award: Sun Life Financial Canada for its life insurance operations.
- Ranked as one of the 2010 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, the only life insurance company in North America on the list.
About Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Chartered in 1865, Sun Life Financial and its partners today have operations in key markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China and Bermuda. As of June 30, 2010, the Sun Life Financial group of companies had total assets under management of $434 billion. For more information please visit www.sunlife.com.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF.
Note to Editors: All figures in Canadian dollars.
Media Relations contact:
Manager, Media and Public Relations
Sun Life Financial Canada
Tel: 519-888-3900 ext. 4896