Read about the Sun Life Dental Plans and networks available to you
Indemnity PPO plan advantages
- Choose any dentist or specialist in or out of the Sun Life Dental Network
- $2,000 in-network annual maximum; $1,500 out-of-network annual maximum; $1,500 lifetime orthodontia maximum for dependent children
- 100% coverage for preventive services such as cleanings and xrays including up to 4 cleanings per year
Prepaid plan advantages
- Select a dentist from Sun Life's Prepaid network of Providers
- Co-payment schedule with unlimited annual maximum, no deductible and no pre-existing condition exclusions
- No co-pay for many preventive services
Sun Life provides State of Florida employees a choice between our Indemnity PPO plan and our Prepaid Dental Plan. Both Plans are offered under the State of Florida Pretax Program. Sun Life is committed to establishing and maintaining an excellent provider network, striving to deliver outstanding customer service, and providing you with a dental plan that offers meaningful benefits.
It’s your choice
Select the following links for more information about the features and benefits of these plans.
- Indemnity PPO Plan - Visit any dentist anywhere. Using a Sun Life network dentist can stretch your dental benefit dollars through in-network discounts and a higher in-network annual maximum.
- Prepaid Plan - Family members may choose different dentists. Each member picks a participating general dentist and receives no charge examinations, x-rays, routine cleanings and fluoride treatments.
- Vision Plan - A vision discount plan (available only with the Indemnity PPO plan) providing discounts on exams and the purchase of eyeglasses, contact lenses, sunglasses and other prescription eye wear through VSP doctors.
Provider Search allows dental plan members to easily locate participating network dentists and vision providers.
- Secure account - As a member, you have access to view your plan information, claim status and more through your Sun Life account (previously named Online Advantage). Register and/or log in today to access your benefits online!
- Dental Health Center - As a member, you have access to a wide range of information about dental health care and how it relates to your general health and preventive wellness.
- Dental Health Facts - Did you know that more than 75% of American adults suffer from various forms of gum disease and don’t even know it?
- People First Service Center - To enroll for your dental plan, please call People First at 866-663-4735 or enroll online.
1. The Ignition Group, LLC, data as of March 2020 and based on unique dentist count. For more information, please visit www.netminder.com.
Group insurance policies are underwritten by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada (Wellesley Hills, MA) in all states, except New York, under Policy Form Series 15-GP-01 and 16-DEN-C-01. Prepaid dental products are provided by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada (SLOC) (Wellesley Hills, MA), under Form Series BDC-GDSA.
FLORIDA USE ONLY
© 2020 Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada, Wellesley Hills, MA 02481. All rights reserved. Sun Life and the globe symbol are registered trademarks of Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us.
SLPC 29218 08/20 (exp. 08/21)