Absence Management Services (FMLA and ADA)
We offer absence management administrative services that comply with the regulatory requirements of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA and ADAAA).
These services provide an easy, results-driven solution that includes the review, approval, and tracking of FMLA employee leaves, with the added oversight of on-staff attorneys and FMLA professionals. Our solution also scrutinizes and manages unplanned intermittent FMLA absences to help eliminate abuse, and it integrates ADA leave management administration.
Absence Management Services are available with Sun Life employee benefits with a few exceptions.1
FMLA services include:
- Single claim intake - Employees do not need to file separate STD and leave claims. They can submit a single claim telephonically, by fax, or online and need a single medical certification form.
- Robust online services - Employees and employers can check STD leave status, and report usage online.
- Fully-integrated leave and STD reports – Employers receive combined reporting, which tracks and analyzes both employee leave and disability status in one place.
- All-inclusive rates - No additional charges for history, takeover, or implementation fees.
- Additional leave administration included
- Domestic violence leave (e.g. state-related VESSA, NJ Safe Act)
- Bone marrow donation leave
- State bereavement leave
- USERRA (military leave)
- Civic volunteer (e.g. firefighter)
- School visitation
- Crime victim/court witness
- Optional leave administration: additional fee per leave type
- Non-FMLA company medical leave
- Other (client specific, e.g. union duties, sabbaticals)
Sun Life offers two ADA solutions – ADA Essential which comprises administrative services and is automatically included with FMLA, and ADA Complete, which adds tailored ADA coaching services and is included at an additional fee.
1. Not available with Stop-Loss, physician insurance offerings, or Sun Advisor voucher products.
Value-added services are not insurance, are offered only on specific lines of coverage, and carry a separate charge, which is added to the cost of the insurance. The cost is included in the total amount billed. Absence Management Services are provided by ComPsych®. ComPsych® is a registered trademark of ComPsych® Corporation. The entities that provide the value-added services are not subcontractors of Sun Life and Sun Life is not responsible or liable for the care, services, or advice provided by them. Sun Life reserves the right to discontinue any of the Services at any time. This offering is available in all states for employers with 200+ lives. For employers with 200 to 499 employees, the offering must be packaged with a Sun Life insurance policy. For employers with 500 or more employees, the offering may be packaged with either a Sun Life insurance policy or a Sun Advisor Advice to Pay service. Not available with Stop-Loss, physician insurance policies, or Sun Advisor voucher products.
SLPC 25955 12/15 (exp. 12/17)