SLPC 25441 11/18 (exp. 11/20)
What are the exclusions?*
The following exclusions may vary by plan and by state laws and regulations.
No benefits will be payable for any loss that is the result of a Covered Accident that is due to or results from:
- war or any act of war or your active duty in any armed service during a time of war (this does not include acts of terrorism);
- operating, learning to operate, serving as a crew member of, jumping or falling from any aircraft, including those which are not motor-driven. This does not include:
1. flying as a fare paying passenger in a scheduled or chartered flight operated by a commercial airline;
2. flying as a passenger with no duties on board an aircraft operated by a private business to transport its personnel or guests;
3. flying in your Employer’s corporate aircraft as a passenger or crew member; or
4. flying in a life-saving medevac or similar medical air transport service;
- operating a taxi or any other delivery service for any kind of compensation or profit;
- engaging in hang-gliding, bungee jumping, parachuting, sail gliding, parasailing, parakiting or mountaineering;
- participating in or practicing for any semi-professional or professional competitive athletic contest in which any compensation is received, including coaching or officiating;
- committing of or attempting to commit an assault, felony or other criminal act;
- active Participation in a Riot, Rebellion or Insurrection;
- committing or attempting to commit suicide, whether sane or insane, or injuring oneself intentionally;
- voluntary use of any controlled substance as defined in Title II of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970, as now or hereafter amended, unless administered on the advice of a Physician and used as directed;
- improper or illegal use of inhalants or huffing;
- a Sickness or infection including physical or mental condition which is not caused solely by or as a direct result of a Covered Accident;
- incarceration in a penal institution of any kind;
- an Injury arising out of or in the course of any work for pay or profit. This exclusion will not apply to an Insured who is enrolled for 24-Hour Coverage.
No benefits will be payable relating to or resulting from services or Treatment rendered or Confinement outside the United States or Canada.
*Subject to state law variations.