Working with us
We understand the COVID-19 crisis creates new challenges for you and your employees. We are committed to providing you with the support you need as it relates to your benefits plan.
Top of mind for you right now may be how you can help furloughed employees keep their benefits intact. We’ve addressed this below as well as provided answers to the top questions we are hearing from employers. These questions address the special measures Sun Life has put in place across our underwriting, product, claims, and service areas. We’ve also outlined a number of ways you can work with us digitally to ease the administrative burden.
Help furloughed employees keep their benefits intact
Here are ways to learn about Sun Life’s enhanced continuation, reinstatement and portability provisions, put in place to help employees impacted by COVID-19 to keep their benefits intact.
- Watch our recording. It explains our special measures in about 6 minutes.
- Read the details. This covers continuation, reinstatement, portability and conversion, and more. .
- If Continuation is not an option, we ask that you discuss portability options with impacted employees at the same time as you discuss their medical plan options.
- We’ve made our portability notice to employees easier: you can copy and paste this content into an email, add the requested information, and send to all impacted employees at once. You may also want to share this flyer with employees to remind them why keeping their benefits is important. Employees can call Sun Life to talk about their options.
- We also remind you of the availability of federal loan programs to help sustain your business in this challenging time.
This content is not to be considered legal advice. We recommend Clients speak with legal counsel specializing in labor and employment law to ensure your organization meets requirements
Group insurance policies are underwritten by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada (Wellesley Hills, MA) in all states, except New York. In New York, group insurance policies are underwritten by Sun Life and Health Insurance Company (U.S.) (Lansing, MI). Product offerings may not be available in all states and may vary depending on state laws and regulations. Sun Life reserves the right to discontinue any service that is not insurance at any time. All products, brands, and names are the property of their respective owners.
SLPC 30172 5/20 Exp. 5/22