April 22, 2021
Sun Life Singapore Launches Whole Life Plan to Meet the Needs of High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth Families
SINGAPORE – APRIL 22, 2021 Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada Singapore Branch (“Sun Life Singapore”) has now launched “Future – S”, a whole life insurance plan designed to offer a lifetime of protection, which is an essential component for legacy and wealth planning strategy, for High Net Worth (HNW) and Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) families.
Future – S is Sun Life Singapore’s first product since it was established in Singapore in May last year, meant to cater to HNW and UHNW families.
Future – S is an insurance solution that helps in wealth preservation, paving the way to a smooth transition of clients’ personal and business assets in this lifetime and generations beyond.
The key benefits of the Future – S include:
- A lifetime of coverage with two options: S70 and S100 for Guaranteed Death Benefit – The Guaranteed Death Benefit starts at 100% of the Sum Assured1.
- Flexibility in premium payment terms – clients can choose to pay either through a single premium payment, or a multi-payment option over 5 years or 10 years.
- High Guaranteed Cash Value at up to 85% of premiums paid2.
- Cash value growth, delivered in the form of additions, which are determined by two types of non-guaranteed additions: Annual additions3 and one-time Final Addition3.
Belinda Au, Chief Executive Officer, Sun Life Singapore, said: “We have listened to our clients and have created Future – S that is tailor-made for families with an eye on protection and succession. With Sun Life’s long-standing legacy of more than two decades in serving clients in the international High Net Worth insurance market, we are well-placed to serve the wealth and protection needs of our clients in Singapore through insurance solutions.”
The launch of Future – S aligns with Sun Life’s focus in Asia on further building its HNW business. Sun Life currently supports more than 22 million clients in Asia, offering life, health and wealth management solutions through a multi-channel distribution approach. In the past four years, Sun Life’s business in Asia has grown to support 10.3 million new clients and its underlying net income has grown at a CAGR of 8%.
Facts about Sun Life in Asia:
- 2020 full year underlying earnings of C$579 million, up 5% on 2019
- Wealth and asset management businesses in Asia have C$61.5 billion in assets under management
- Business Commenced: 1892
- Number of Clients: 22 million+
- Number of advisors: 138,000+
- Employees across Asia: 21,000+
About Sun Life
Sun Life is a leading international financial services organization providing insurance, wealth and asset management solutions to individual and corporate Clients. Sun Life has operations in a number of markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bermuda. As of December 31, 2020, Sun Life had total assets under management of C$1,247 billion. For more information please visit www.sunlife.com.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF.
- For S70, after the later of the 20th Policy anniversary and the year the insured reaches age 70, the Guaranteed Death Benefit will decrease by 3% of Sum Assured annually over 10 years and will thereafter remain at 70% of the Sum Assured. For S100, the Guaranteed Death Benefit will always be equal to 100% of the Sum Assured.
- The Guaranteed Cash Value is determined by the premium payment term.
Premium payment term
Guaranteed Cash Value
85% of premiums paid for the lifetime of the Policy
Multi Pay 5 Years
25% of premiums paid on the 1st Policy Anniversary, increasing to 85% at a 15% annual increment
Multi Pay 10 Years
8.5% of premiums paid on the 1st Policy Anniversary, increasing to 85% at a 8.5% annual increment
- The Annual Additions and Final Addition are non-guaranteed and are determined in accordance with the rules set out by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada Singapore Branch from time to time. The Annual Additions and Final Addition may vary based on the performance of a number of experience factors, with the investment return normally being the main determinant. Other factors include but are not limited to reinsurance costs, taxes, client persistency and claims.