September 08, 2017
Sun Life Financial continues to transform business with digital, data and analytics by naming Stevan Lewis as new Senior Vice-President of Digital Transformation
TORONTO, Sept. 8, 2017 /CNW/ - Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada today announced the appointment of Stevan Lewis to the newly created position of Senior Vice-President of Digital Transformation to amplify the company's momentum in using digital, data and analytics to develop new ways of exceeding our Clients' expectations and needs. Reporting to Mark Saunders, Executive Vice-President and Chief Information Officer, Stevan will shape the vision and enterprise strategy for digital, data and analytics while continuing to enhance Sun Life's Client innovation agenda.
"We've had tremendous success in making it easier for Clients to connect with Sun Life using innovative technologies to enhance their experiences and we have exciting opportunities ahead to further tap into data to differentiate their future experiences with us," said Mark Saunders, Executive Vice-President & Chief Information Officer, Sun Life Financial. "I look forward to working closely with Stevan on this global transformation of our business as we help our Clients achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives."
"I'm thrilled to take on this role at such an exciting time for both Sun Life and our industry. Data is the new currency and the forces of change — demographics, technology, Client expectations, external partnerships, and market disruptors — are all moving at an unprecedented speed. I look forward to finding opportunities to augment our Client ecosystem to adapt faster than ever as we keep redefining what it means to be relevant with our Clients," said Stevan Lewis, Senior Vice-President, Digital Transformation, Sun Life Financial.
This new role is the latest move by Sun Life Financial as it continues to transform its' business by advancing the company's digital strategy while finding new ways to listen to Clients, understand their needs and improve the Client experience at every touchpoint. Some successes include:
- The recently launched Sun Life GO that allows Canadians to apply online for life insurance ensuring flexibility to meet health and financial needs with convenient access.
- The my Sun Life mobile app which continues to be the highest-rated life insurance mobile app in Canada, letting Clients submit health claims, check investment balances, connect with their financial advisor, as well as find, manage appointments and arrange direct billing with paramedical healthcare providers.
- The ability for Clients to find and rate health providers, make quick transfers from their bank accounts to Group RRSPs, and check on personal savings right through the my Sun Life mobile app.
- The growing usage rates for the Client app in the Philippines, which is among the top rated apps in the Apple and Android stores in the Philippines.
- The launch of My Sun Advisor in Indonesia that is giving advisors ready access to the information they need to help their Clients. They can view their performance dashboard, look up fund prices, complete policy and premium inquiries and find details on claims.
- Continued partnerships and investments with leading technology hubs such as IBM Watson, MaRS and Plug & Play.
- The introduction of Digital Health Solutions to help Canadians access the latest in digital capabilities and innovations to take care of their health and well-being.
- The advent of Digital Benefits Assistant, the first real-time decision management technology in the insurance industry, to proactively empower Canadians to take a more active role in managing their health.
- The relocation of Sun Life Financial's global headquarters to One York Street in Toronto that offers an agile workspace and areas committed to innovation and collaboration.
With this new role in place, Sun Life Financial will continue to differentiate itself in the market by looking for new ways to transform its business and leverage data and analytics in new and exciting ways.
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada is a member of the Sun Life Financial group of companies.
About Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of insurance, wealth and asset management solutions to individuals and corporate Clients. Sun Life Financial has operations in a number of markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bermuda. As of June 30, 2017, Sun Life Financial had total assets under management of $944 billion. For more information, please visit www.sunlife.com.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF.
Media Relations Contact:
Director, Corporate Communications
Sun Life Financial
SOURCE Sun Life Financial Inc.