Our community involvement
SLPC 21090 7/13 (Exp. 7/15)
Committed to making lives brighter
At Sun Life Financial, being responsible corporate citizens means making life brighter for communities where we live and work. Our approach to community involvement includes corporate giving and supporting employee activities.
Each year, we make significant contributions to programs and organizations that provide direct services to those in need.
- The Sun Life Rising Star Awards is our flagship community program. It recognizes and rewards students and nonprofit organizations that are committed to building a stronger future through education.
- We also support long-standing community partners in the areas of health, social services, and arts and culture.
Sun Life employees have a long history of generosity. We support and encourage their efforts to giving back through:
- Our matching gifts program, which doubles the donations that employees give to their charities of choice.
- Our volunteer opportunities, which give employees the option of participating in community outreach events in their local communities.
- Our United Way campaign, through which employees give, advocate, volunteer, and "Live United."
More about our community activities:
- Read our U.S. social responsibility report to see how we're making a difference across America.
- Read our global Public Accountability Statement and Sustainability Report.
Sun Life is a true partner to United Way and our efforts to ensure young children are ready for school, youth graduate with options for a future and families are financially stable. They provide financial support to help us invest in a regional network of best-in-class partners to do this work and to help us deepen community engagement through our Women's Initiative and Emerging Leaders programs. They also demonstrate their commitment to the community by engaging senior management and employees at all levels in our partnership, donating time, energy, and ideas to help us create a stronger future for everyone.
— Michael K. Durkin, President, United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley