- October 03, 2012
- Sun Life Financial President and CEO, Dean Connor, gives 4 policy proposals to help savers, pension plans and insurers adjust to low interest rates at the Toronto Global ForumDean Connor, President and Chief Executive Officer, provides his thoughts around policy options by governments and central banks to deal with a sustained low interest rate environment.
- February 10, 2011
- Sun Life Financial Chief Executive Officer, Donald Stewart, unveils Canada’s national strategy on financial literacyDonald Stewart presents Canada’s first ever national strategy on financial literacy at the Economic Club in Toronto.
- July 08, 2010
- Sun Life Financial Chief Executive Officer, Donald Stewart, addresses The Economic Club of Hong KongMr. Stewart speaks on the strength of the Canadian financial system and the lessons from its resilience through the financial crisis.
- March 09, 2010
- Health care - a global concern. Part 4: Hong KongThe fourth in a series about global health-care issues, looking at how aging populations will impact health-care systems and social policies across the world.
- December 10, 2009
- Sun Life Financial Canada President, Dean Connor, addresses the Economic Club of CanadaNow is the time to help shape Canada's retirement savings system and bring about the changes needed so that more working Canadians can adequately save for their retirement.
- December 07, 2009
- The move towards unretirementAs a sea of baby boomers approaches retirement, it is expected that the "traditional" age of retirement in North America will shift.
- September 11, 2009
- Health care - a global concern. Part 3: IndiaIn this series about global health-care issues, we look at how rapidly aging populations will test social programs and impact government systems, health-care systems and social policies.
- July 14, 2009
- Health care - a global concern. Part 2: ChinaOur second in a series of articles about health-care concerns around the globe, and the universal worry over the affordability of health care, especially in retirement. In this article we look at how China is dealing with its health-care challenges.
- July 07, 2009
- Sun Life Financial Canada President, Dean Connor, speaks at the Vancouver Board of Trade Distinguished Speaker ProgramMany Canadians are not building sufficient savings for retirement or do not have pension coverage. What's the best solution for pension reform and what role do we all play in meeting that goal?
- May 21, 2009
- Health care – a global concern: Part 1Around the globe, there is widespread concern in both developed and developing nations around health and the affordability of health care, especially in retirement.
- April 15, 2009
- Sun Life's Unretirement Index: North American workers and social securityIn both the U.S. and Canada, younger workers seem to be losing confidence in the availability of traditional government retirement programs.
- November 17, 2008
- Longevity and your nest eggWhat increasing life expectancies and an aging population may mean for you and your well-being during retirement.
- November 12, 2008
- Retirement your wayA look at shifting retirement attitudes around the world, and personalizing your retirement plan.
- June 23, 2008
- Sun Life Global Investments President, Kevin Dougherty, speaks at the 2008 Million Dollar Round Table Annual MeetingDeveloping markets are experiencing explosive growth, health care costs are rising globally and people are living longer than ever before. As the need for financial advice grows, are we doing enough to invest in the next generation of advisors?
- February 28, 2008
- Sun Life Financial’s Chief Executive Officer speaks at Benefits Canada’s DC Plan SummitRetirement savings strategies have often been focused on asset accumulation with less attention placed on the orderly spending of retirement nest eggs. As North Americans live longer and are more active in retirement, the lack of an effective “disaccumulation” strategy can increase longevity risk.
Stay connected with Sun Life
Facts & insights
Sun Life is the only Canadian insurer with a presence in India. Birla Sun Life has over 11,000 employees and hundreds of branches.