2012 Annual Report
The Sun Life Financial Inc. 2012 Annual Report details our financial performance and outlines our priorities for 2013.
2012 was a year of momentum for Sun Life. We made significant progress in the execution of our 4 pillar strategy: becoming the best performing life insurer in Canada, enhancing our leadership position in U.S. group insurance and voluntary benefits, growing our asset management business globally, and growing Asia to become a more significant part of our results.
In 2013, we’ll further execute on our 4 pillar strategy, intensify our customer focus and continue to improve our risk profile.
Before reading the Annual Report
- Read about the Use of Non-IFRS Financial Measures and Forward-Looking Information [PDF, 1 page, 24 KB] in the Management's Discussion and Analysis section of the report.
- All files are provided in Adobe Acrobat. Download a free version of Adobe Reader.
Shareholders and policyholders can access the Notice of Annual Meetings and Management Information Circular [PDF, 96 pages, 1.99 MB] and additional information under Annual Meetings.
Download the complete Annual Report [PDF, 176 pages, 2.25 MB].
- Financial highlights [PDF, 1 page, 54 KB]
- Chairman’s message [PDF, 2 pages, 121 KB]
- Chief Executive Officer’s message [PDF, 11 pages, 525 KB]
- Management’s Discussion and Analysis [PDF, 68 pages, 323 KB]
- Consolidated Financial Statements and notes [PDF, 79 pages, 523 KB]
- Financial reporting responsibilities [PDF, 1 page, 89 KB]
- Consolidated financial statements [PDF, 5 pages, 88 KB]
- Notes to the consolidated financial statements [PDF, 69 pages, 301 KB]
- Appointed Actuary’s Report and Report of Independent Registered Chartered Accountants [PDF, 3 pages, 113 KB]
- Sources of earnings [PDF, 2 pages, 29 KB]
- Board of Directors and Executive Team [PDF, 1 page, 23 KB]
- Subsidiary and affiliate companies [PDF, 3 pages, 30 KB]
- Major offices [PDF, 1 page, 30 KB]
- Corporate and shareholder information [PDF, 1 page, 45 KB]
Consider the environment
Sun Life has a long-standing commitment to sustainability. You can help us lighten our environmental footprint and reduce printed material by downloading the complete Annual Report.
How to obtain a copy of the annual report
If you require a print version of the Sun Life Financial Inc. 2012 Annual Report, contact us to request a free copy.
What would you like to do today?
Sun Life share information
Subscribe to RSS and email alerts