At Sun Life, we’re committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment, where all Employees can contribute to their full potential. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our Clients, our colleagues and the communities where we operate. Our success depends on it.
We take pride in our inclusive environment that not only supports our Employees in all their diversity but also reflects our Clients and communities, allowing us to better serve their unique cultures and needs.
Committing to diversity and inclusion is the responsible thing to do, but it’s much more than that – it helps our Clients, colleagues and communities shine, it leads to innovation, collaboration and high performance and it will continue to be a longstanding value at Sun Life.
Diversity and inclusion at Sun Life
It’s important to us that we commit to diversity and inclusion in the workforce in a variety of ways:
- Recruitment. Sun Life has inclusive recruiting policies and practices, which are focused on obtaining diverse outcomes.
- Leadership development. Our training programs help leaders understand and manage the unconscious biases that can influence actions and decision-making.
- Regional programming. We reinforce our commitment to an inclusive workplace through regional programs and practices that reflect the unique nature of diversity in the geographies where we operate.
- Measurement. Our Diversity and Inclusion Index, created from data in our bi-annual employee survey, allows us to pinpoint areas where we can continue to evolve diversity and inclusion in our workplace.
Why Sun Life supports diversity and inclusion
Adopting and embracing inclusion:
- Strengthens our culture and unleashes creativity, innovation and business value by welcoming different perspectives, experiences and beliefs
- Enables us to deepen our understanding of Clients in each of our markets and businesses
- Reduces and eliminates barriers to full participation in the workplace to help all Employees reach their full potential
- Is part of our commitment to social responsibility
At Sun Life we strive to provide products and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. We are committed to giving persons with disabilities the same opportunity to access our products and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other Clients. This includes making our websites usable by and functional for persons of all abilities. We are also committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, and we will meet applicable legislative requirements for preventing and removing barriers.
At Sun Life we recognize the diversity of our marketplace and encourage the inclusion of diverse suppliers as part of our competitive bidding process. We strive to provide equal opportunities and access to qualified diverse suppliers, while maintaining our high standards of quality, service and information security. Our mission is to promote the visibility and use of diverse suppliers across Sun Life’s North American supply base, and to support the communities in which we operate through a diversified supplier community.